Spider Platform for Thermal Performance
The A10SA4 is designed with BittWare’s Spider platform, which is a low-profile PCIe platform optimized for thermal performance. The Spider platform combines a low-profile PCIe form-factor for high density, the ability to run larger loads, and a robust passive heatsink option designed for servers.
Optional High-Speed Networking
The A10SA4 is enabled for high-speed networking with an optional QSFP interface supporting 40GbE or four 10GbE channels. The QSFP SerDes channels are connected directly to the Arria 10 FPGA, thus removing the latency of external PHYs. A 1 PPS input allows precise timestamping.
The A10SA4 supports the Open Computing Language (OpenCL™) programming model, providing an incredibly powerful solution for system acceleration. Development tools for OpenCL include Intel’s SDK for OpenCL and BittWare’s OpenCL Developer’s Bundle.
Board Management Controller
Boards in BittWare’s A10 family feature an advanced system monitoring subsystem, similar to those typically found on today’s server platforms. At the heart of the board’s monitoring system lies a Board Management Controller (BMC), which accepts Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) messaging protocol commands. The BMC provides a wealth of features, including control of power and resets, monitoring of board sensors, FPGA boot loader, voltage overrides, configuration of programmable clocks, access to I2C bus components, field upgrades, and IPMI messaging. Access to the BMC is via PCIe or USB. BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit also provides utilities and libraries for communicating with the BMC components at a higher, more abstract level, allowing developers to remotely monitor the health of the board.
BwMonitor in the BittWorks II Toolkit provides a view into the board management capabilities of your BittWare hardware.
BittWorks II Toolkit
BittWare offers complete software support for the A10SA4 with its BittWorks II software tools. The BittWorks II Toolkit is a suite of development tools that serves as the main interface between the BittWare board and the host system. The Toolkit includes drivers, libraries, utilities, and example projects for accessing, integrating, and developing applications for the BittWare board.
FPGA Development Kit
BittWare’s FPGA Development Kit (FDK) provides FPGA board support IP to simplify integration and development. The FDK includes example projects that illustrate how to move data between the board’s different interfaces and is designed to integrate easily with Intel’s Quartus II tools.
- Intel Arria® 10 GX115 FPGA
- Up to 1150K logic elements available
- Up to 3,300 18×19 variable-precision multipliers
- High-performance, multi-gigabit transceivers @ up to 17 Gbps
- Two banks DDR4 with ECC, up to 8 GBytes (x72) each
- Flash with support for multiple boot images
- PROM for access to the board’s MAC ID
- x8 Gen1, Gen2, Gen3
- x16 mechanical interface
- USB 2.0 interface for debug and programming FPGA and Flash
- Built-in Intel USB-Blaster
- Optional QSFP cage on front panel, supporting 40GbE or 4x 10GbE
- Can be optionally adapted for use as SFP+
Board Management Controller
- Voltage, current, temperature monitoring
- Power sequencing and reset
- Field upgrades
- FPGA configuration and control
- Clock configuration
- I2C bus access
- USB 2.0 and JTAG access
- Voltage overrides
- Low profile (Half-height, half-length) PCIe slot card; x16 mechanical
- 168mm x 68.9mm
- Max. component height: 14.47mm
- BittWorks II Toolkit – host, command, and debug tools for BittWare hardware
FPGA HDL Development
- FPGA Development Kit – Example Quartus projects
- Intel tools – Quartus II software
- OpenCL Developer’s Bundle – BittWorks II Toolkit, Board Support Packages, Intel SDK for OpenCL, Intel Quartus II