RFSoC Data Capture Card:
Acquire | Process | Act
Multi-channel Direct RF Sampling on a Single Chip
With flexibility to serve applications like 5G, RADAR, test & measurement and satellite communications, BittWare’s RFX-8440 card features the latest third-generation RFSoC UltraScale+ Zynq device from Xilinx.
4 Channel Analog In/Out
Tapping three decades of experience in designing sensor processing cards, BittWare’s analog front-end features variable gain in/out down to -40 dBm and several analog front end options.
Do More in the Digital Domain
At the center of the RFX-8440 is the latest generation single-chip RFSoC from Xilinx, the Zynq ZU43. This device is designed to bring together multi-channel data conversion and processing on a single chip.
RFX-8440 PCIe card, shown with optional dual QSFP28s. Card is designed to work in a host system or standalone.
Looking for RF Performance Specs?
Request the RFX-8440 RF Performance Specifications Document
Analog Front End Options
The default configuration for the analog front end targets L-band (1GHz to 2GHz). We also offer other configurations that remove several stages to provide a direct connection with baluns supporting up to 4 GHz. Contact us for other options.
Option 1: L-Band
This option includes several signal conditioning components including variable gain.
Flexible 4 Channel Analog In/Out
With features like variable gain down to -40 dBm (input), we’ve designed the critical analog circuitry to match the performance needs for a clean signal to/from the RFSoC’s 14-bit interfaces. Our heritage in high-performance analog PCB design spans three decades as a core strength for BittWare.
Get to Market Faster With IP & Solutions from BittWare Partners
Powered by Third-Generation Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC
At the heart of the RFX-8440 card is the Zynq ZU43 RFSoC: a powerful single-chip adaptable radio platform providing up to 6 GHz of direct RF sampling. With a multi-element processing system: FPGA, real-time dual-core ARM and a second quad-core ARM, this RFSoC has what it takes to acquire, process and act on RF signals.
Tap a slide for more details on the RFSoC from Xilinx:
Slide content copyright Xilinx
Expansion Options With up to 200 Gb/s Bandwidth
Getting digital data to/from the RFSoC is easy with the OCuLink 8× 25 Gb/s interface. You can connect to NVMe storage (perhaps using our Data Recorder IP), other BittWare FPGA cards for further processing, a CPU host, or let us design a custom interface card for your need. The RFX-8440 can be ordered with the OCuLink connected to dual QSFP28s for interfacing with external systems.
- Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC
- XCZU43 in an E1156 package
- Core speed grade -2
- Contact BittWare for other FPGA options
- Several analog configurations available:
- L-Band 1GHz - 2GHz: Includes several signal conditioning components including variable gain
- Direct 3 GHz Balun: Eliminates amplifier distortion and the L-band signal conditioning
- Direct 4 GHz Balun: Similar to 3GHz option, but with an extended input range to 4 GHz
- Contact BittWare for additional options
- 4 x 5 GSPS 14-bit ADCs
- -40 to 0 dBm (default, L-band only)
- 4 x 10 GSPS 14-bit DACs
- -40 to 0 dBm (default)
- Programmable clocks
- External reference and triggers
- SSMC style connectors
- Flash memory for booting FPGA
- Flash memory for ARM bootloader and OS image
- 16GB DDR4 processing system (ARM) memory with ECC
- 8GB DDR4 programmable logic memory with ECC
External digital interfaces
- Processing system
- PCIe Gen2 x1
- RJ45 Ethernet
- USB UART
- USB 3.0
- Mini DisplayPort
- Programmable logic
- Up to 200 Gb/s via:
- Option 1: inboard OCuLink
- Option 2: Front panel 2x QSFP28
- Xilinx Hard IP support for dual 100GbE and PCIe Gen4
- Standard: double-width passive heatsink
- Contact BittWare for other cooling options
- On-board power derived from 6-pin AUX connector or optionally from 12V PCIe slot connection
- Power dissipation is application dependent
- Typical max power consumption 50W
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C
- Manufactured to ISO9001:2015 IPC-A-610-Class III
- RoHS compliant
- CE, FCC & ICES approvals
- 3/4-length, standard-height PCIe dual-slot card (x16 mechanical)
- Supports standalone operation
- RFX-8440 can be ordered as a TeraBox™ integrated server platform
- BittWare provides a basic data capture and replay example utilizing the major interfaces of the product. Xilinx Vivado development tools are fully supported for development of custom designs.
- RFX-8440 Analog Data Acquisition Card
- Data capture and relay example - Full source code
- 1-year hardware warranty
Interested in Pricing or More Information?
Our technical sales team is ready to provide availability and configuration information, or answer your technical questions.
Use this form to also request the RF performance specifications document.