Introducing the IA-420F:
A Powerful Low-Profile FPGA Card
Powered by Intel Agilex
Tap Into the Power of Agilex
The new Intel Agilex FPGAs are more powerful, draw less power and add I/O features like PCIe Gen4.
- 2nd-Generation HyperFlex Architecture: Up to 40 percent higher performance or up to 40 percent lower total power compared with Stratix 10 FPGAs
- DSP Innovation: Supports hardened BFLOAT16 and up to 40 teraflops of digital signal processor (DSP) performance (FP16)
- Advanced memory support: DDR4, QDR-II+ (through custom BittWare DIMMs)
Agilex Acceleration Video
The IA-420F FPGA features a configurable DSP engine with hardened support for single-precision FP32, half-precision FP16, BFLOAT16, and INT8 calculations. Agilex also supports low-precision configurations from INT7 to INT2 for maximum flexibility—ideal for evolving AI workloads.
2nd Gen Intel® Hyperflex™ Architecture
Continuous improvements to Intel Hyperflex deliver improved performance compared to Stratix 10 device designs. The 2nd Gen architecture thus greatly improve the productivity of customers and reduce time-to-market.
Hardened Protocol Support
The Agilex FPGA delivers optimal power, performance and logic utilization efficiency by integrating hardened protocols for many popular functions including 100G Ethernet and PCIe Gen 4.
Double the Bandwidth!
Built with the latest PCIe Gen4 interface, the IA-420F can transfer up to twice the bandwidth of Gen3 devices.
Learn about the major features of the card in this introduction video.
This is BittWare’s IA-420F FPGA card. It’s a low-profile, single-slot PCIe card with an Intel Agilex FPGA.
As part of BittWare’s Agilex-based IA-series of cards, you’re getting the latest high-performance silicon coupled with our focus on enterprise-class products suitable both for development and deployment.
For hardware features, this card has a PCIe Gen4 x16 interface for fast host interaction. Be sure to check out our family of TeraBox servers which include Gen4 PCIe options.
The network port here is a QSFP-DD with eight lanes, each supporting up to 25G NRZ. The Agilex chip has hard MAC and FEC IP for a range of link speeds, including 10/25/40/50 and 100 gig E, giving you lots of options from a single port using breakout cables.
We also have a jitter cleaner on the network for recovered clocking as well, plus optional 1 PPS and 10 Megahertz reference clock inputs on a full-height panel.
The chip itself is an Intel Agilex F-series FPGA, the AGF014. As you can see, we support passive cooling by default, but have options including full-height passive.
Power is delivered from PCIe up to 75 watts.
Rounding out the hardware features we have two banks of DDR4 with up to 8GB per bank or 16 total.
And on the back side we have some GPIO pins for those that may need those signals.
This card has a BMC which brings a range of monitoring features, clock configuration, PLDM support, power sequencing and reset, and field upgrades—plus a lot more.
For software support, the IA-420F includes the BittWare SDK. This gives you drivers for things like PCIe, libraries, utilities for monitoring the card through the BMC.
In addition to supporting Quartus for traditional FPGA development, we are also pleased to support Intel’s HLS and plans for support of oneAPI. These high-level tool flows give developers many more options to get to market faster. We have several resources on the BittWare website explaining the benefits of oneAPI and HLS, so be sure to check those out.
So this is BittWare’s IA-420F Low Profile PCIe Gen4 card featuring the Intel Agilex FPGA. It’s an excellent target for building smartNICs or other applications that need a powerful FPGA in a small form factor.
To check stock on this card or ask more details, visit BittWare.com, and thanks for watching.
Enterprise-class for Deployment
Ramp to product with the power of Molex
The IA-420F is built on BittWare’s enterprise-class foundation stones: existing products and processes that are already proven through extensive validation. When it’s time to ramp to production, this means a faster turnaround and utilizing the same hardware you have been using for development.
- Intel Agilex AGF014
- Core speed grade -2: I/O speed grade -2
- Contact BittWare for other FPGA options
- 2Gbit Flash memory for booting FPGA
- 2x banks on-board DDR4, 8GB per bank, 16GB total
- x16 Gen4 interface direct to FPGA, connected to PCIe hard IP
- QSFP-DD cage on front panel connected directly to FPGA via 8 transceivers
- User programmable low jitter clocking supporting 10/25/40/100GbE
- Jitter cleaner for network recovered clocking
- 4x GPIO expansion connector
- 1 PPS and 10MHz ref clk front panel inputs (optional)
- USB access to BMC, USB-JTAG, USB-UART
Board Management Controller
- Voltage, current, temperature monitoring
- Power sequencing and reset
- Field upgrades
- FPGA configuration and control
- Clock configuration
- Low bandwidth BMC-FPGA comms with SPI link
- USB 2.0
- PLDM support
- Voltage overrides
- Standard: single-width passive heatsink
- On-board power derived from PCIe slot
- Power dissipation is application dependent
- Max power consumption 75W
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 35°C
- Manufactured to IPC-A-610 Class 2
- RoHS compliant
- CE, FCC, UKCA & ICES approvals
- Low profile (half-height, half-length) PCIe slot card
- Size: 68.90mm x 167.65mm (2.713in x 6.600in)
- BittWare SDK including PCIe driver, libraries, and board monitoring utilities
- Supported design flows - Quartus Prime Pro (HDL, Verilog, VHDL, etc.)
Order Your Cards in a TeraBox™ FPGA Server
Get extended warranty support and save time with a pre-integrated solution!
Sales Ordering Numbers
|IA-420F-0001||Low-profile FPGA card: Agilex F-Series, 200G, PCIe Gen4 x16|
|IA-420F-0002||FHHL FPGA card: Agilex F-Series, 200G, PCIe Gen4 x16|
|IA-420F-0005||FHHL FPGA card: Agilex F-Series, 200G, PCIe Gen4 x16, front panel timing connectors|
Looking for a different configuration? Ask us about other configuration options.
Interested in Pricing or More Information?
Our technical sales team is ready to provide availability and configuration information, or answer your technical questions.