PCIe FPGA Card
UltraScale+ FPGA PCIe Board with VU13P
4x 100GbE and up to 512GB DDR4
BittWare’s XUP-VV4 is an UltraScale+ VU13P FPGA-based PCIe card, ideal for high-density datacenter applications. The Xilinx UltraScale+ VU13P FPGA gives designers incredible performance potential, with 3.8M logic elements — yet with a power density that makes thermal management difficult. The XUP-VV4 meets this challenge with BittWare’s Viper platform, supporting large FPGA loads, up to 512 GBytes DDR4, and 4x 100 Gbps Ethernet.
BittWare’s Viper platform uses advanced computer flow simulation to drive the physical board design in a thermals first approach, including the use of heat pipes, airflow channels, and arranging components to maximize the limited available airflow in a server. The XUP-VV4 features air cooling by default, but liquid cooling is also available. The board features the D2104 lidless package from Xilinx—allowing the heat pipes to contact the die directly, instead of through the heat spreader lid.
4x 100GbE via 4 QSFP28
Air or Liquid cooled
VU13P FPGA: 3.8 million LCs
Get to Market Faster With IP & Solutions from BittWare Partners
Want More Details?
Request the Hardware Reference Guide (HRG)
The HRG gives you much more detail about the card such as block diagrams, tables and descriptions.
- Virtex UltraScale+
- VU13P in D2104 package
- Core speed grade - 2
- Contact BittWare for other FPGA options
- Flash memory for booting FPGA
- 4 DIMM sites, each supporting:
- Up to 128 GBytes DDR4 x72 with ECC
- Up to 576 Mbits dual QDR-II+ x18 (2 independent 288 Mbit banks)
- x16 Gen3 interface direct to FPGA
- Micro USB: access to BMC and FPGA JTAG
- Connects to a breakout board for UART, 1 PPS input, and 10MHz clock input
- 2 UltraPort SlimSAS on rear edge connected to FPGA via 16x GTY transceivers
- Can support an additional x16 or x8 PCIe interface (requires soft IP core and additional slot)
- 4 QSFP28 (zQSFP) cages on front panel connected directly to FPGA via 16 transceivers
- Each supports 100GbE, 40GbE, 4x 25GbE, or 4x 10GbE and can be combined for 400GbE
Board Management Controller
- Voltage, current, temperature monitoring
- Power sequencing and reset
- Field upgrades
- FPGA configuration and control
- Clock configuration
- I2C bus access
- USB 2.0
- Voltage overrides
- Standard: double-width passive heatsink
- Optional: double-width liquid cooling
- On-board power derived from 12V PCIe slot & an AUX connector (8-pin)
- Power dissipation is application dependent
- Operating temperature 5°C to 35°C
- 3/4-length, standard-height PCIe dual-slot board
- 10 x 4.37 inches (254 x 111.15 mm)
- BittWorks II Toolkit - host, command, and debug tools for BittWare hardware
- FPGA Examples - example Vivado projects
- Xilinx Tools - Vivado® Design Suite
Order Your Cards in a TeraBox™ FPGA Server
Get extended warranty support and save time with a pre-integrated solution!
Interested in Pricing or More Information?
Our technical sales team is ready to provide availability and configuration information, or answer your technical questions.