⚠ Preliminary Product Notice:
The information on this product is preliminary and subject to change.
Viper Platform for Thermal Performance
The S10VG4 is designed with BittWare’s Viper platform for thermal performance. The Viper platform uses advanced computer flow simulation to drive the physical board design in a thermals first approach, including the use of heat pipes, airflow channels, and arranging components to maximize the limited available airflow in a server. Viper boards are passive by default, with active cooling as an option.
High-Speed Networking and I/O
The S10VG4 is enabled for high-speed networking with four front panel QSFP+ cages, each supporting 40/100GbE or four 10/25GbE channels. Serial expansion is available through two UltraPort SlimSAS connectors (16x 24Gbps) that can be connected to a second PCIe interface, another S10VG4, or other devices.
A utility header provides a 1GbE interface, a PPS input, and a USB interface for debug and programming support. The USB features a built-in Intel USB-Blaster and is connected to the Board Management Controller.
The board’s flexible memory configuration includes four DIMM sites that support DDR4 SDRAM and QDR. Memory card options include up to 8 GBytes of DDR4 with optional error-correcting codes (ECC) or up 576 Mbits QDR (x36). The board also features flash memory for FPGA images.
The S10VG4 supports the Open Computing Language (OpenCL™) programming model, providing an incredibly powerful solution for system acceleration. Development tools for OpenCL include Altera’s SDK for OpenCL and BittWare’s OpenCL Developer’s Bundle.
Board Management Controller
The S10VG4 features an advanced system monitoring subsystem, similar to those typically found on today’s server platforms. At the heart of the board’s monitoring system lies a Board Management Controller (BMC), which accepts Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) messaging protocol commands. The BMC provides a wealth of features, including control of power and resets, monitoring of board sensors, FPGA boot loader, voltage overrides, configuration of programmable clocks, access to I2C bus components, field upgrades, and IPMI messaging. Access to the BMC is via PCIe or USB. BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit also provides utilities and libraries for communicating with the BMC components at a higher, more abstract level, allowing developers to remotely monitor the health of the board.
BittWorks II Toolkit
BittWare offers complete software support for the S10VG4 with its BittWorks II software tools. The BittWorks II Toolkit is a suite of development tools that serves as the main interface between the BittWare board and the host system. The Toolkit includes drivers, libraries, utilities, and example projects for accessing, integrating, and developing applications for the BittWare board.
FPGA Development Kit
BittWare’s FPGA Development Kit (FDK) provides FPGA board support IP to simplify integration and development. The FDK includes example projects that illustrate how to move data between the board’s different interfaces and is designed to integrate easily with Intel’s Quartus II tools. All examples are available for download on BittWare’s developer website.
- Intel Stratix 10 GX 1SG280 FPGA
- Up to 2.7 million logic elements
- 32 transceivers @ 17Gbps
- 5,760 DSP blocks
- 4 PCIe hard IP blocks
- Flash for FPGA images
- 4x DIMM sites, each supporting:
- DDR4: x72 w/ECC, up to 8 GBytes per SODIMM
- Dual QDR-II+ x36, up to 576 Mbits per SODIMM
- x16 PCIe Gen1, Gen2, Gen3
Utility & Debug
- USB, PPS, and 1 GbE
- Built-in Intel USB-Blaster
- 4 QSFP28 (zQSFP) cages on front panel connected directly to FPGA via 16 transceivers
- Each supports 40/100GbE or 4x 10/25GbE
- Standard high-speed connector for storage devices
- Connected to FPGA via 8x transceivers
- OpenCAPI compatible
- Can support an additional x16 or x8 PCIe interface (requires second slot)
Board Management Controller
- Voltage, current, temperature monitoring
- Power sequencing and reset
- Field upgrades
- FPGA configuration and control
- Clock configuration
- I2C bus access
- USB 2.0 and JTAG access
- Voltage overrides
- 3/4-length, standard-height PCIe dual-slot card
- 241mm x 111.15mm
- Max. component height: 14.47mm
- BittWorks II Toolkit – host, command, and debug tools for BittWare hardware; Matlab API
FPGA HDL Development
- FPGA Development Kit – Example Quartus projects
- Intel tools – Quartus II software