High Performance Computing (HPC)
High-performance computing (HPC) covers a broad base of applications that require ultra-high processing speeds and processing power along with software acceleration.
These compute-intensive platforms must not only be able to meet extreme processing requirements, they must also adapt to new technology roll-outs and ever-changing application environments. FPGAs are becoming a bigger player in the HPC arena because they are flexible enough to adapt to these changing requirements without sacrificing price, performance, or power and are adept at handling parallel processing.
Why BittWare for HPC:
- Up to 1.5 TFLOPS processing performance per FPGA
- 100GigE, 40GigE, and 10GigE straight to the FPGA (no external PHY) for ultra low latency, saving hundreds of nanoseconds
- Maximum processing performance per watt
- PCIe-compliant deployable slot-cards for blade server systems
- Complete FPGA development platforms: server-based, slot-card, and multi-FPGA high-performance computing
- Proven hardware that works out of the box, with validation, verification,
and control software in place
- FPGA Development Kit with proven, hardware-specific IP
- Finance-specific FPGA IP for network or CPU acceleration
- Long standing FPGA platform vendor with a history of proven, successful, on-time supply
High Performance Computing… Built on BittWare.
Solutions for streaming large amounts of data can be extremely complex and slow, and require extensive code. A customer set out to create a product that could simplify the process and came to BittWare after determining that FPGAs were an ideal part of the solution. They used a dual FPGA board in combination with a CPU and a GPU to develop an appliance for transforming, protecting, and sharing streaming data. The end result is a product that dramatically outperforms conventional data streaming solutions.