TeraBox High Performance Reconfigurable Computing Platform
- 20 TeraFLOPS processing: 16x Altera Stratix V GX/GS FPGAs
- Up to 15 million logic elements (GXAB)
- Up to 62,000 multipliers (GSD8)
- 1.28 Terabits/sec I/O
- 128x 10GigE, 32x 40GigE, or 32x QDR Infiniband
- 6.5 Terabits/sec memory bandwidth
- 64 banks DDR3-1600 (512 GBytes)
- RLDRAM3 and QDRII+ memory options
- 5U Rackmount PCIe standalone or expansion system
- Complete software support
- Windows and Linux 64 drivers, interface libraries, and hardware management
- Application-ready FPGA framework for Stratix V
BittWare’s TeraBox is an ultra high-performance FPGA platform ideal for network/packet processing and high performance computing (HPC) applications. Featuring up to sixteen of the largest Altera Stratix® V Family FPGAs, the TeraBox offers 20 TeraFLOPS of processing power, along with 6.5 Terabits/sec of memory bandwidth and 1.28 Terabits/sec of I/O – all in a turnkey rackmount solution. The system arrives tested and configured, and includes complete development software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit, allowing users to immediately focus on developing their specific application.
BittWare Dual Altera Stratix V FPGA PCIe Boards
The TeraBox features up to eight BittWare full-size S5PE-DS PCIe boards based on the high-bandwidth, power-efficient Altera Stratix V FPGA. Each S5PE-DS PCIe board features two Altera Stratix V FPGAs for a system total of up to 15 million logic elements (952,000 per FPGA) and 62,000 18 x 18 variable precision multipliers (3,926 per FPGA).
The S5PE-DS features an extremely flexible memory configuration, with 8 SODIMM sites (4 per FPGA) each supporting DDR3 SDRAM, RLDRAM3, or QDRII+. With all sites populated, the S5PE-DS supports up to 64 GBytes of DDR3-1600 SDRAM, for a system total of 512 GBytes in 64 banks, with 6.5 Terabits/sec of memory bandwidth.
Each board has 4 QSFP+ cages supporting four 40GigE, sixteen 10GigE, or four QDR/FDR InfiniBand interfaces direct to the FPGAs’ built-in PHYs for the lowest possible latency. The QSFPs can be used to interconnect the boards and multiple TeraBoxes to make bigger clusters, making it ideal for HPC applications, while the low latency 10GigE and 40GigE interfaces are ideal for packet processing.
5U Rackmount Chassis
The TeraBox supports two chassis options: a standalone box or a PCIe expansion system. The standalone system features a 5U rackmount chassis including a 3.4 GHz Xeon SBC. The expansion system option features a PCIe Gen2 expansion system with eight double-width x16 slots and 80 Gbit/sec host bus-to-expansion system bandwidth.
BittWare offers complete software support for the S5PE-DS boards with its BittWorks II software tools. The BittWorks II Toolkit is a collection of libraries and applications for BittWare’s Stratix V FPGA-based boards. It provides complete hardware and FPGA interfaces, allowing customers to focus on application coding. Also included with the Toolkit is BittWare’s ATLANTiS Framework (AFW), a library of FPGA components that includes preconfigured physical interfaces, infrastructure, and examples for BittWare’s Altera FPGA-based COTS boards. The Toolkit supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and Linux platforms.
- 5U 19” rack mount chassis
- N+1 redundant power supply
- Supports up to 8 double-wide Gen2 x16 boards (Gen3 x16 available soon)
- 3.4GHz Xeon processor SBC (other SBC options available)
- Front access hard disk drive carriers and DVD media bay
- High CFM fan with controller
PCIe Expansion System
- PCIe Gen2 expansion system
- 5U 19” rackmount chassis
- N+1 redundant power supply
- Supports up to 8 double-wide Gen2 x16 boards
- 80 Gb/s host bus-to-expansion systems bandwidth
- One or three meter expansion cable
- Full-length PCIe with x16 interface supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3
- 2 high density Altera Stratix V GX/GS FPGAs (GXAB or GSD8)
- 4 QSFP+ cages, each supporting 40GigE, 4 10GigE, or QDR/FDR InfiniBand interface
- Memory – 8 SODIMMs; mix and match any of the following:
- Up to 8GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Up to 36MB QDRII+
- Up to 512MB RLDRAM3
- Eight SATA connectors
- Timestamping support
- Up to 8 boards per system
- BittWorks II Toolkit – host, command, and debug tools for BittWare hardware
- ATLANTiS FrameWork – FPGA framework for Altera Stratix V GX/GS FPGAs
- Altera Quartus II tools for Stratix V FPGAs