BittWare Releases Second PCIe Board Based on Altera’s Arria 10 FPGA and SoC
¾-Length PCIe board supports dual-core ARM Hard Processor System and 100/40/10 GigE connectivity.
September 21, 2015
NEW YORK, NY– BittWare, a premier board supplier for over 25 years, announced today at the 2015 HPC for Wall Street – Cloud & Big Data Conference the availability of the second board of its extensive family of products based on Altera’s Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs – a ¾-length PCIe board called the A10P3S. Integrating the Arria 10 FPGA and SoC with a wide variety of features, the A10P3S board supports a range of applications such as network processing and high performance computing for applications in financial services, data centers, and cyber security/signal intelligence. The board offers flexible memory configurations supporting over 48 GB of memory (featuring the latest DDR4 and QDR options), sophisticated clocking and timing options, and four front-panel QSFP cages that support 100 Gbps (including 100GigE) optical transceivers. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring greatly simplifies platform management. The board also supports Altera’s SDK for OpenCL™.
Built on 20nm process technology, Arria 10 FPGAs and SoCs boast higher densities, higher performance, and a more power-efficient FPGA fabric than previous generations; they also integrate a richer feature set of embedded peripherals, high-speed transceivers up to 28Gbps, hard memory controllers, and protocol controllers. Arria 10 FPGAs are the first FPGA to integrate hardened floating-point (IEEE 754-compliant) DSP blocks, delivering breakthrough floating-point performance of up to 1.5 TFLOPS. Arria 10 SoCs are also the industry’s only 20nm FPGA to integrate a dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ hard processor system (HPS).
“The A10P3S adds a new dimension to the FPGA COTS board market,” stated Jeff Milrod, President & CEO of BittWare. “It is the first high-performance offering that fully supports System-on-Chip (SoC), combining leading edge FPGA technology with an embedded dual-core ARM Hard Processor System. As an FPGA board, it delivers unparalleled performance and power-efficiency with a unique SODIMM-based memory configuration, high-speed I/O capability, and OpenCL support; as an SoC board, it opens up a brave new world of options for complete, stand-alone distributed processing with little to no host traffic or intervention – ideal for security, network, and financial applications.”
“Arria 10 FPGAs and SoCs are our highest performance, most robust FPGAs and SoCs shipping today,” stated Mike Strickland, director, data center architect at Altera. “BittWare’s latest Arria 10 FPGA and SoC-based boards are ideally suited to meet the most demanding network processing and high-performance computing demands.”
BittWare’s A10P3S is a 3/4-length PCIe x8 card based on the Altera Arria 10 GT/GX/SX FPGA and SoC.
- High performance Altera Arria 10 GT/GX FPGA or SX SoC
- Up to two PCIe x8 interfaces supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 (second interface requires a bifurcated slot)
- Four QSFP+ cages for 4x 100GigE, 4x 40GigE, or 16x 10GigE
- Support for a wide range of optical transceivers
- Connected directly to the Arria 10 FPGA and SoC for lowest possible latency
- Two SODIMM sites that support DDR4 SDRAM, QDR-IV, and QDR-II
- Up to 16 GBytes of on-board DDR4 with optional error correcting codes (ECC)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Dual SMA for reference clock/synchronization inputs
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesizer (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA development kit for FPGA board support IP and integration
- Broad range of IP offerings
- TCP/IP Offload Engines (TOE), UDP Offload Engines
- PCIe DMA
A10P3S Price and Availability
BittWare’s A10P3S board is available for ordering now, with shipments starting in Q4 2015. Contact BittWare for configurations, pricing, and details.
About BittWare, Inc.
For over 25 years, BittWare has designed and deployed high-end signal processing, network processing, and high performance computing board-level solutions that significantly reduce technology risk and time-to revenue for our OEM customers. Our products are exclusively based on the latest FPGA technology from Altera and industry-standard COTS form factors including PCIe, VPX / OpenVPX, AMC, XMC and FMC (VITA 57). When customer requirements make it difficult to use industry-standard boards, BittWare can provide modified solutions, and/or licensed designs for applications in financial services, data centers, cyber-security, instrumentation and military/aerospace markets.