BittWare Releases Second Low-profile PCIe Board Platform Based on Altera’s Arria V GZ FPGA with Dual SFP+ Cages
Arria V GZ FPGA board platform delivers cost-sensitive solution while also providing low latency, high performance, time-stamping, and rich feature set for network and packet processing applications.
March 31, 2015
CONCORD, NH – BittWare, a premier board supplier for over 25 years, announced today the release of its second low-profile PCIe board based on Altera’s Arria® V GZ FPGA — the A5-PCIe-S (A5PS). The high-performance, power and cost-efficient Arria V GZ provides a high level of system integration and flexibility for I/O, routing, and processing that enables BittWare’s A5PS to be a solid platform for network processing, security, broadcast, and signals intelligence applications. Featuring dual SFP+ cages that run up to 12.5 Gbps, the A5PS provides dual 10GigE ports using optical transceivers as well as passive copper cabling up to 7 meters. These ports are serviced by the advanced 28nm Arria V GZ FPGA, which also supports a Gen3 x8 PCIe interface and either 8 GB DDR3 or 36 MB QDRII+. Sophisticated time-stamping and synchronization options are supported by dual SMA connectors for interfacing to 1PPS or 10MHz reference clocks, in addition to the tunable on-board high accuracy, temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO). A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring is also provided.
“This new Arria V board is ideal for customers looking for a low-cost, easy-to use FPGA board platform without sacrificing features, versatility, or quality,” stated Ron Huizen, BittWare’s VP of Systems and Solutions. “The cost-efficiency and high-performance of the Arria V GZ combined with high-speed I/O, flexible memory configurations, and timestamping capabilities make this board a compelling solution for network and packet processing applications.”
BittWare’s A5-PCIe-S (A5PS) is a low-profile PCIe Gen3 x8 card based on the Altera Arria V GZ FPGA:
- High performance Altera Arria V GZ FPGA
- PCIe x8 interface supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3
- Dual SFP+ cages for 2x 10GigE
- Support for a wide range of optical transceivers
- Built in low-latency active drivers/receivers for passive copper cables up to 7 meters
- Memory options (pick one):
- DDR3: single 72-bit bank of up to 8 GBytes DDR3-1600 with ECC
- QDRII+: two 18-bit banks of up to 144 Mb each (288 Mb, or 36 MB total)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Dual SMA for reference clock/synchronization inputs
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesizer (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- Broad range of IP offerings
- 10 GigE MAC
- TCP/IP Offload Engines (TOE), UDP Offload Engines
- PCIe DMA
A5PS Price and Availability
BittWare’s A5PS board is available today. Volume pricing is under $1,500 in 1000s for the A5PS with the Arria V GZ E1 with no external memory. Contact BittWare for additional configurations, pricing, and details.
About BittWare, Inc.
For over 25 years, BittWare has designed and deployed high-end signal processing, network processing, and high performance computing board-level solutions that significantly reduce technology risk and time-to revenue for our OEM customers. Our products are exclusively based on the latest FPGA technology from Altera and industry-standard COTS form factors including PCIe, VPX / OpenVPX, AMC, XMC and FMC (VITA 57). When customer requirements make it difficult to use industry-standard boards, BittWare can provide modified solutions, and/or licensed designs for applications in the financial, communications, instrumentation and military/aerospace markets. For more information on BittWare and its innovative FPGA COTS solutions, visit www.bittware.com.