BittWare Releases FPGA Board Based on the Xilinx UltraScale VU190 Device with support for up to 256GB of DDR4
Featuring one of the industry’s highest bandwidth 20nm FPGAs, this ¾-Length PCIe board also provides 4x 100 GbE, up to 8 banks of QDR memory, and optional Hybrid Memory Cube module.
May 2, 2016
CONCORD, NH & WASHINGTON D.C. – BittWare, an industry-leading board supplier for over 25 years, announced today at The 24th IEEE International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines the release of a new COTS PCIe board based on the industry’s highest bandwidth 20nm FPGA, the Xilinx® UltraScale™ VU190. Called the XUSP3R, the 3/4-length PCIe board offers up to four Gen3 x8 PCIe interfaces, along with four front panel QSFP28 cages, supporting 16 lanes of 25 Gbps or 4 lanes of 100 Gbps – including 100 GbE. Four DIMM sockets support massive memory configurations including up to 256 GBytes of DDR4 memory across four 72-bit wide banks; alternatively, each of those DIMMs sockets can be populated with BittWare’s dual bank QDR DIMMs, each providing 576 Mb of QDR-II+. An optional Hybrid Memory Cube (HMC) module with up to 4 GB is also available which can be populated in addition to, and independent of, the DIMMs. Combined, these features make the XUSP3R ideal for a wide range of data center and networking applications, including compute acceleration, network processing, cybersecurity, and storage.
The board also offers features and tools that ease development and integration. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring greatly simplifies platform management. A complete software tool suite and FPGA development/project examples provide a range of options to meet customers’ varying development needs.
“I feel like BittWare has hit the Trifecta with the XUSP3R,” said Jeff Milrod, President and CEO of BittWare, “as this board simultaneously boasts one of the largest FPGAs, largest memories, and highest bandwidth I/O that have ever been available on a PCIe FPGA board. We are proud to be able to raise the bar once again.”
“Xilinx is pleased to see the latest VU190 based Bittware board come to market. The large memory footprint and 400G of Ethernet bandwidth coupled with Xilinx’s industry-leading UltraScale 20nm product offering is a compelling solution across our customer base,” said Curtis Pulley, Data Center Business Manager at Xilinx.”
BittWare’s XUSP3R is a 3/4-length PCIe card based on the Xilinx Virtex UltraScale FPGAs.
- High performance Xilinx Virtex UltraScale 190/160/125
- Up to four independent PCIe Gen3 x8 interfaces
- One x8 interface in a standard slot; two x8 interfaces requires bifurcated slot
- Two additional interfaces via expansion port (plugs in to adjacent PCIe slot)
- Four QSFP28 cages for 4x 100GbE, 16x 25GbE, 4x 40GbE, or 16x 10GbE (or combinations thereof)
- Support for a wide range of optical transceivers and other high speed serial protocols
- All four QSFPs can be combined for 400GbE
- Four DIMM sites that support DDR4-2133 SDRAM, QDR-IV, and QDR-II+
- Optional HMC Module (in addition to, and independent of, the DIMM sites)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control with optional integrated Platform Cable USB functionality
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Dual SMA for reference clock/synchronization inputs
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesizer (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA development kit for FPGA board support IP and integration
XUSP3R Price and Availability
BittWare’s XUSP3R board is in production and shipping now. Contact BittWare for configurations, pricing, and details.
About BittWare, Inc.
For over 25 years, BittWare has designed and deployed high-end network processing, signal processing, and high performance computing platforms that significantly reduce technology risk and time-to revenue for our OEM customers. Our products utilize the latest FPGA technologies on industry-standard COTS form factors, including PCIe, and are available either as boards or in boxes. We also provide a great deal of value-add with IP, software, support, and services. When customer requirements make it difficult to use industry-standard boards, BittWare can provide modified solutions and/or licensed designs. For more information on BittWare and its innovative FPGA COTS solutions, visit www.bittware.com/xilinx .