BittWare Releases Dual Arria 10 FPGA PCIe Board
GPU-sized board features 28 lanes of 10G Optical I/O, HMC (Hybrid Memory Cube), & 4 banks of 72b DDR4.
February 22, 2016
CONCORD, NH – BittWare, a premier board supplier for over 25 years, announces the release of the A10PED, a dual Arria 10 FPGA-based PCIe board featuring ultra-high I/O and memory bandwidth. The board’s two Altera Arria 10 FPGAs deliver up to 3 TFLOPS of floating point processing performance. Two front panel 12x Avago fiber optic modules and a QSFP+ cage provide 28 lanes of high-speed, low-latency I/O direct to the FPGAs, while an HMC (Hybrid Memory Cube) and quad banks of x72b DDR4 (up to 16 GBytes each) provide tremendous external memory bandwidth. These features combine to make the A10PED a powerful resource for networking, compute acceleration, and instrumentation applications.
The board also offers features and tools that ease development and integration. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring greatly simplifies platform management. A complete software tool suite, FPGA development kit (FDK), and OpenCL support provide a range of options to meet customers’ varying development needs.
“With 28 high-speed transceivers out the front panel and memory bandwidths well in excess of 100 GByte/s, the A10PED is a unique – and extremely high throughput – addition to the FPGA board market,” said Jeff Milrod, President & CEO of BittWare. “In addition, the dual Arria 10 FPGAs provide unprecedented floating point processing capabilities which, combined with our support for OpenCL, our comprehensive FDK, and our proven system SW tools create an extremely capable platform that is ready for application development and deployment.”
“Altera and BittWare have a long history of collaborating to deliver solutions with superior performance, size, weight, and power. We are pleased to see the release of the A10PED product with innovative 20nm Arria 10 FPGA technology,” said Patrick Dorsey, Senior Director, Product Marketing, Programmable Solutions Group, Intel Corporation. “The high-performance features of Arria 10 FPGAs and SoCs make this board an ideal fit for use in demanding networking and high-performance computing applications.”
BittWare’s A10PED is a full-length PCIe x8 card based on the Arria 10 FPGA and SoC. The board features:
- Two high-performance Altera Arria 10 GX/SX FPGAs
- Up to two PCIe x8 interfaces supporting Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 (second interface requires a bifurcated slot)
- Two 12x Avago fiber optic modules
- QSFP+ cage for 4x 10GbE
- Support for a wide range of optical transceivers
- Connected directly to the Arria 10 FPGA and SoC for lowest possible latency
- Four SODIMM sites that support DDR4 SDRAM, QDR-IV, and QDR-II
- 4 GByte HMC (Hybrid Memory Cube)
- Up to 4 GBytes of on-board DDR4 with optional error correcting codes (ECC)
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control
- Timestamping and synchronization support
- Reference clock/synchronization inputs
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesizer (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA development kit for FPGA board support IP and integration
A10PED Price and Availability
BittWare’s A10PED board is available for ordering now, with shipments starting in Q2 2016. Contact BittWare for configurations, pricing, and details.
About BittWare, Inc.
For over 25 years, BittWare has designed and deployed high-end signal processing, network processing, and high performance computing board-level solutions that significantly reduce technology risk and time-to revenue for our OEM customers. Our products are based on the latest FPGA technology and industry-standard COTS form factors, including PCIe. When customer requirements make it difficult to use industry-standard boards, BittWare can provide modified solutions, and/or licensed designs. For more information on BittWare and its innovative FPGA solutions, visit www.AlteraBoards.com and www.BittWare.com.