BittWare Introduces New Xilinx UltraScale FPGA-Based PCIe Board Targeting Networking and Cybersecurity Applications
Low-profile PCIe board supports 2x 100 GbE ports, 1x 100 GbE and 4x 25 GbE, or 8x 25 GbE ports.
March 1, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – BittWare, a premier board supplier for over 25 years, announced today at the 2016 RSA Conference the release of its latest Xilinx® UltraScale™ FPGA-based board, the XUSPL4. The low-profile PCIe board offers up to two bifurcated Gen3 x8 PCIe interfaces, along with two front panel QSFP28 cages each supporting 4 lanes of 25 Gbps or a single lane of 100 Gbps – including 100 GbE. Precision clocking and timing options, along with dual 72b banks of on-board DDR4 memory (up to 32 GB total), round out the board’s feature set. Combined, these features make the XUSPL4 ideal for a wide range of data center and networking applications, including network processing and cybersecurity, acceleration, storage, and broadcast.
The board also offers features and tools that ease development and integration. A comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) with host software support for advanced system monitoring greatly simplifies platform management. A complete software tool suite and FPGA development/project examples provide a range of options to meet customers’ varying development needs.
“BittWare is pleased to add another Xilinx UltraScale FPGA-based board to our line of products” said Jeffry Milrod, President and CEO of BittWare. “Many of our customers have requested a low-profile PCIe board with high-bandwidth and performance. I’m confident that the XUSPL4 meets or exceeds those requirements, and will quickly prove to be a compelling option for network security applications.”
“It’s exciting to see BittWare, a recent addition to the Xilinx Alliance Program, already introducing their second Xilinx UltraScale FPGA-based board,” said Chris Hallahan, director of the Xilinx Alliance Program. “BittWare’s new XUSPL4 board with up to 200G of bandwidth on an All Programmable, production-ready PCIe card platform will be well positioned for network security, SDN/NFV, cloud computing and 4G/5G applications.
BittWare’s XUSPL4 is a low-profile PCIe card based on the Xilinx Virtex® and Kintex® UltraScale FPGAs.
- High performance Xilinx Virtex UltraScale VU065,VU080,VU095 or Kintex UltraScale KU095
- Up to two independent PCIe Gen3 x8 interfaces
- One x8 interface in a standard slot; two x8 interfaces requires bifurcated slot
- Two QSFP28 cages for 2x 100GbE, 8x 25GbE, 2x 40GbE, or 8x 10GbE
- Up to 32 GBytes of on-board DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 banks of 72b each) with optional error correcting codes (ECC) and bandwidths of up to 346 Gbps
- Board Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- USB 2.0 for programming, debug, or control with optional integrated Platform Cable USB functionality
- Precision timestamping and synchronization support
- Reference clock/synchronization input and output
- Tunable high-accuracy TCXO
- Programmable clock synthesizer (Si5338)
- Complete software support with BittWare’s BittWorks II Toolkit
- FPGA project/development examples for FPGA board support IP and integration
XUSPL4 Price and Availability
BittWare’s XUSPL4 board is in production and shipping now. Visit BittWare’s website for configurations, pricing, and details http://www.bittware.com/xilinx/product/xuspl4/.
About BittWare, Inc.
For over 25 years, BittWare has designed and deployed high-end network processing, signal processing, and high performance computing platforms that significantly reduce technology risk and time-to revenue for our OEM customers. Our products utilize the latest FPGA technologies on industry-standard COTS form factors, including PCIe, and are available either as boards or in systems. We also provide a great deal of value-add with IP, software, support, and services. When customer requirements make it difficult to use industry-standard boards, BittWare can provide modified solutions and/or licensed designs. For more information on BittWare and its innovative FPGA COTS solutions, visit www.bittware.com/xilinx.